A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
As generics-sop makes use of several Haskell type system extensions such as data kinds, constraint kinds, type families, higher-ranked types, this can also serve as an introduction to type-level programming in Haskell.
The introduction will be followed by an interactive part where participants can work on exercises or try to write their own generic functions using generics-sop. Participants who want to hack on or improve generics-sop are also welcome.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Deriving Via (SkillsCast recorded in October 2018)
- Haskell eXchange 2021: Novice Track (Online Conference on 15th November 2021)
- Haskell eXchange 2021: Pro Track (Online Conference on 16th - 17th November 2021)
- Hashing Modulo Alpha Equivalence (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- In The Belly Of The Whale: Tales From Haskell In The Enterprise (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Andres Löh is a Haskell consultant and co-owner of Well-Typed LLP. He is based in Regensburg, Germany. He started using Haskell in 1997, when being an undergraduate student of mathematics in Konstanz and has been an enthusiastic functional programmer ever since. Andres obtained a PhD in Computer Science from Utrecht University in 2004, on extending the Haskell language with capabilities for datatype-generic programming. After having been a university lecturer for several years, he joined Well-Typed in 2010.