Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Embedded Domain Specific Languages or eDSLs allow us to build a data structure that represents the expressions of the target language. In this talk, you will discover the tagless final approach for building DSLs. You will also compare other styles of DSLs like ADTs and Free Monads and have a look at the respective trade-offs. Finally, you will build the purely functional DSL for WebGL using Scala.js and create a small, but awesome 3d app in the browser.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Haskell eXchange 2021: Novice Track (Online Conference on 15th November 2021)
- Don Syme: What’s new in F# 5.0 and 6.0? (in London on 17th November 2021)
- Using F# to Structure an Island of Simplicity (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Adopting F# on a Consultancy Project: From Zero to MVP to V0 Launch (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Building a Tagless Final DSL for WebGL in Scala
Luka Jacobowitz is a Software Consultant at codecentric in Germany, focusing on functional and reactive programming. Always interested in trying new things and experimenting with the bleeding Edge. Usually spends his time contributing to various open source projects. Loves to travel and meet all the fantastic people living all around the world.