A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
18:00 Doors open.
18:15 Basic set-up of your own Raspberry Pis.
18:25 What is Linuxing in London by TDB
18:30 The history and purpose of operating systems from the Abacus to the modern server by Brian Byrne.
19:10 Quick break
19:15 Raspberry Pi 101 by Brian Byrne.
20:30 Community slot and raffle.
• Participants should bring along a working laptop with Linux or MacOS installed.
• A Raspberry Pi 3 or similar.
• Your own MicroSD cards and adapters.
• An RJ45 cable (the one that came with your Broadband router)."
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Five minutes of Linux: Diet Pi and the Pinebook 64 (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Deploying Microservices and Traditional Applications with Kubernetes (with Jérôme Petazzoni) (Online Course on 28th March - 1st April 2022)
- Getting Geospatial Data on the Web (Online Meetup on 10th February 2022)
- Building the Internet Of (Trusted) Things with Ockam and Embedded Rust (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- F# Gives You Superpowers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Raspberry Pi 101, Installing From Scratch and the Theory Behind It
Brian Byrne is a veteran of the IT industry, with over 30 years of experience managing, cajoling and installing Mainframes and operating systems. He is a passionate advocate for free and open source software and began using Linux in the 1990s.