Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
A software developers you spend a lot of time dealing with mechanism and strategy. You try to scale systems and organizations, and you see advantages to decentralization, so you move toward blockchain technology and evermore decoupled systems. But what do you really know about scaling and the forces that lead to centralization? They are related. In this keynote, Michael Feathers will share with you their connection and what that means for your expectations about systems.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: Socio-Technique and Structure (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Building and Leading Remote Teams (Online Meetup on 19th August 2020)
- Building a Cloud Native Application with Quarkus (Online Meetup on 27th August 2020)
- Building Ephemeral Environments For Developers in Kubernetes (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Keynote: It’s a Trap! Vendor Lock-in and the Cloud (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Keynote: Scaling, Decentralization, and Utopia
Michael Feathers is founder and Director of R7K Research & Conveyance, which specialise in software and organisation design, and was previously Chief Scientist of Obtiva. He has worked with hundreds of organisations to revitalise their code as well as support in process change and software design. Michael is a powerful voice on the relationship between complex code evolution and output efficiency within organisations.