Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
A software developers you spend a lot of time dealing with mechanism and strategy. You try to scale systems and organizations, and you see advantages to decentralization, so you move toward blockchain technology and evermore decoupled systems. But what do you really know about scaling and the forces that lead to centralization? They are related. In this keynote, Michael Feathers will share with you their connection and what that means for your expectations about systems.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: Socio-Technique and Structure (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Hands‑on Microservices Architecture and Design Workshop with Chris Richardson (Online Workshop on 7th - 17th June 2022)
- Java Forum (Online Conference on 31st August 2022)
- iSAQB Software Architecture Gathering — Digital 2022: 2-Day Sessions Ticket (Online Conference on 16th - 17th November 2022)
- LDN Talks May 2022 - Quickwit Takeover (in London on 30th May 2022)
- Gravitee APIM Behind Istio Service Mesh (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
- Enabling Microservice Success (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
Keynote: Scaling, Decentralization, and Utopia
Michael Feathers is founder and Director of R7K Research & Conveyance, which specialise in software and organisation design, and was previously Chief Scientist of Obtiva. He has worked with hundreds of organisations to revitalise their code as well as support in process change and software design. Michael is a powerful voice on the relationship between complex code evolution and output efficiency within organisations.