Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Do you throw away static types and go dynamic? Of course not! You have to change the level of abstraction in our code. In this session you will explore this process, working through a real-life example of switching from domain-specific static types to a composable data description language. How do you keep your code boilerplate-free? How do you maintain correctness? And how do you write expressions that operate on data for which you don't have simple static types? Come along for answers to these questions and more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Scala eXchange 2018 Opening - Welcome to Day 1! (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Scala Days 2023 (Online Conference on 1st - 30th December 2023)
- LJC Live with Andrzej Grzesik and Karsten Silz (in London on 16th February 2023)
- Take a load off: how strong platform engineering moves an organisation forward (Online Meetup on 23rd February 2023)
- What Logic can Teach Us, Scala Programmers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)
- Taming the Context Beast (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)
Away With the Types!
Dave is a developer, trainer, and partner at underscore.io. He has spent over a decade programming, speaking at conferences, and writing books on functional programming.