Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Do you throw away static types and go dynamic? Of course not! You have to change the level of abstraction in our code. In this session you will explore this process, working through a real-life example of switching from domain-specific static types to a composable data description language. How do you keep your code boilerplate-free? How do you maintain correctness? And how do you write expressions that operate on data for which you don't have simple static types? Come along for answers to these questions and more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Functional Interpreters and You (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- ScalaCon 2022: Opening Keynote Networking Party (in London on 4th October 2022)
- ScalaCon 2022 (Online Conference on 4th - 8th October 2022)
- Developer Productivity Engineering - Next Big Thing in Software Development (in London on 29th June 2022)
- LJC Lunchtime Lighting Talks (Online Meetup on 1st July 2022)
- Not My Type (SkillsCast recorded in November 2021)
- A History of Enterprise Monads (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Away With the Types!
Dave is a developer, trainer, and partner at underscore.io. He has spent over a decade programming, speaking at conferences, and writing books on functional programming.