Miles Sabin gives a brief introduction to Scala for Java developers covering the basic features of Scala which make it such a productive alternative to Java.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Shapeless is Dead! Long Live Shapeless! (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- Java Design Patterns: The Timeless Way of Coding with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 12th - 15th October 2020)
- Arthas: Inside Alibaba's Java Diagnostic Tool (Online Meetup on 24th September 2020)
- Building a Cloud Ready Application with Quarkus (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)
- Test Automation Beyond Java 8 (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
A brief introduction to Scala for Java developers
Miles has been doing stuff with Scala for more than ten years, currently with Underscore Consulting. He is a cofounder of Typelevel and his best known project, the Scala generic programming library shapeless, is the weapon of choice wherever boilerplate needs to be scrapped or arities abstracted over.