A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
TDD is an agile process that was used to develop the software. It means writing tests that fail first, and then coding the simplest solution for it to pass. Best used with short development cycles, this ensures that software meets requirements and tests that are thorough and relevant. Although, many people find that it takes far too long, and it can be tiresome having to continuously refactor. You will explore the race to green approach, how it's used and how it helps with the pair programme.
Sofia and team are also experimenting more with remote working. You will discover how they do this whilst pairing and using TDD, how differing opinions in the team was managed, and the tools that worked.
Sofia will share the successful experience of combining these techniques, and hopefully provide tips to others to make this an option for you and your team. Beyond talking about these techniques, you will learn how it's done via a live demo. In this demo, Sofia will be solving an unseen problem (eek!) and demonstrate a working pattern we've practised: combining pair programming, remote working and test driven development. And if you're wondering where the trolling comes in, imagine racing to green with the wittiest troll you know.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Into the New World (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 13th May 2021)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 12th May 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 22nd May 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th September 2021)
- Practical Tips and Tricks for CI/CD Success (Online Meetup on 13th May 2021)
- Personal Engineering: Living Well at Work (SkillsCast recorded in March 2021)
- Why Less? (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)