A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
TDD is an agile process that was used to develop the software. It means writing tests that fail first, and then coding the simplest solution for it to pass. Best used with short development cycles, this ensures that software meets requirements and tests that are thorough and relevant. Although, many people find that it takes far too long, and it can be tiresome having to continuously refactor. You will explore the race to green approach, how it's used and how it helps with the pair programme.
Sofia and team are also experimenting more with remote working. You will discover how they do this whilst pairing and using TDD, how differing opinions in the team was managed, and the tools that worked.
Sofia will share the successful experience of combining these techniques, and hopefully provide tips to others to make this an option for you and your team. Beyond talking about these techniques, you will learn how it's done via a live demo. In this demo, Sofia will be solving an unseen problem (eek!) and demonstrate a working pattern we've practised: combining pair programming, remote working and test driven development. And if you're wondering where the trolling comes in, imagine racing to green with the wittiest troll you know.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Into the New World (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- ICAgile Certified Agile Team Facilitator with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 5th - 8th June 2023)
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner: Principles to Practices (In Person) with Ben Maynard (in London on 26th - 28th June 2023)
- Scala Days 2023 (Online Conference on 1st - 30th December 2023)
- Business Agility powered by Product Strategy (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- Mastering Your Inner Demons as Product Managers (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
TDD (Troll Driven Development) in Practice
Sofia is a software developer at ITV, working on building microservices in Scala.