Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
ScalaC is getting faster. Performance was a primary theme in 2.12.3. Whilst it may not have hit '10 times faster' we are approaching 50% faster and there is potential to go even faster. During this talk, you will explore the progress made by Lightbend and the community and explore the future of making it even faster.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Back to Basics aka 'When to Break Rules' (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Masterclass: Reducing Technical Debt with Michael C. Feathers (in London on 28th - 29th October 2019)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Keynote by Konrad Kokosa: What’s New in .NET Core 3.0 and .NET 5.0 for Performance and Memory-Aware Folks? (in London on 29th October 2019)
- Parsley: A Staged Selective Parser Combinator Library (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Pragmatic Memory Management (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Is ScalaC Getting Faster, or Am I Just Imagining It?
Rory spends his life fighting to find a balance between writing ugly high performance code and beautiful maintainable code. He fights from the trenches to make software better, contributing to open source and has has worked across the entire gamut of software from building a JVM to optimising grid computing.