Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Being wrong is often seen as the WORSE THING THAT CAN HAPPEN(tm), especially when you’re building business critical applications and services. But the increased velocity of modern software development, as enabled with continuous delivery and a micro services architectural style, plus the increased need for our systems to be resilient, reliable, and RIGHT has increased the pressure on teams exponentially. Never before have software owners had such an opportunity, or the power, to BE WRONG!
You need to get better at being wrong, and that’s what this keynote is all about.
In this keynote talk Russ Miles, CEO of ChaosIQ, will share the tools and techniques he uses to turn inevitably BEING WRONG, into BEING SUCCESSFUL at BEING WRONG. BEING WRONG can be turned to our advantage, and in this talk Russ will share stories of how this has happened, and also the challenges to look out for.
The myth of always being right when you create and operate software is over! You’re going to BE WRONG most of the time’s time to get better at BEING WRONG, learning to turn “accidents” such as outages into opportunities
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd July 2019)
- Pivotal's Core Spring (in London on 8th - 11th July 2019)
- CloudNative London 2019 (in London on 25th - 27th September 2019)
- Chaos and Resilience Engineering Meetup Re-boot (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Software Architecture for Developers Workshop with Robert Smallshire (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - A one-day community celebration of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI (in London on 4th July 2019)
- Keynote by Kris Nova on The Power of Linux Virtualization with Cloud Native (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Keynote Evening with Russ Miles (in London on 1st July 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Keynote: How to be WRONG with Microservices, and still WIN
Russ Miles is CEO of ChaosIQ.io, makers of the Chaos Toolkit that is a free open source toolkit for getting started with Chaos Engineering. He is author of Antifragile Software: Building Adaptable Software with Microservices and Head First Software Development, and provides a mix of engaging conceptual theory and practical exercises as an international speaker on techniques for helping software adapt to the ever-present force of change.