Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Being wrong is often seen as the WORSE THING THAT CAN HAPPEN(tm), especially when you’re building business critical applications and services. But the increased velocity of modern software development, as enabled with continuous delivery and a micro services architectural style, plus the increased need for our systems to be resilient, reliable, and RIGHT has increased the pressure on teams exponentially. Never before have software owners had such an opportunity, or the power, to BE WRONG!
You need to get better at being wrong, and that’s what this keynote is all about.
In this keynote talk Russ Miles, CEO of ChaosIQ, will share the tools and techniques he uses to turn inevitably BEING WRONG, into BEING SUCCESSFUL at BEING WRONG. BEING WRONG can be turned to our advantage, and in this talk Russ will share stories of how this has happened, and also the challenges to look out for.
The myth of always being right when you create and operate software is over! You’re going to BE WRONG most of the time’s time to get better at BEING WRONG, learning to turn “accidents” such as outages into opportunities
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Pivotal's Core Spring (in London on 4th - 7th November 2019)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 6th - 8th November 2019)
- Russ Miles' Microservices Workshop (in London on 29th - 31st January 2020)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Keynote: Learning To Be Successful at “Being Wrong”™ In The Cloud (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Fast Track to RESTful Microservices (in London on 11th - 13th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- 2 Presentations: Kubernetes Ingress & DevOps and Microservices Better Together (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Lightning Talk: The Elm Architecture in Haskell: Managing state with multiple threads (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Why We Choose React for a Large Scale Financial Trading Platform (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Keynote: How to be WRONG with Microservices, and still WIN
Russ Miles is CEO of ChaosIQ.io, makers of the Chaos Toolkit that is a free open source toolkit for getting started with Chaos Engineering. He is author of Antifragile Software: Building Adaptable Software with Microservices and Head First Software Development, and provides a mix of engaging conceptual theory and practical exercises as an international speaker on techniques for helping software adapt to the ever-present force of change.