A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
The talk will start with a single function and demonstrate how to use ADTs to write an embedded DSL and interpreter. You will then discover parser combinators, a monadic DSL for parsing. You will use them to write an interpreter, then extend our program to compile the language into shell commands.
As time permits, you will explore different paths forward for your DSL – you will learn some shortcomings of our embedded DSL and how they motivate the Free monad. You will also discover the motivation for data-types a-la-carte and recursion schemes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Holophrase: Baby’s First DSL (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 13th May 2021)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 12th May 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 22nd May 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th - 21st October 2021)
- Intro to OCaml (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
- Keynote: (Programming Languages) in Agda = Programming (Languages in Agda) (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)