Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
It’s not uncommon for a project to experience compilation times of a handful of minutes, if not worse. On top of that, compilation times are unpredictable, depending on a combination of language features, external libraries, and type annotations. A single line change may increase compilation times ten fold.
Don’t bow to the compiler and accept long compilation times! Rather, join this talk to learn how the compiler works and optimize your usage of Scala to compile faster!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Compiling like a Boss! (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- Performance Summit 2022 (Online Conference on 30th - 31st August 2022)
- ScalaCon 2022: Opening Keynote Networking Party (in London on 4th October 2022)
- Developer Productivity Engineering - Next Big Thing in Software Development (in London on 29th June 2022)
- LJC Lunchtime Lighting Talks (Online Meetup on 1st July 2022)
- Building Reactive Systems on AWS (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Who Tests Their Cloud Code Anyway? (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
Lightning Talk - 5 Things You Need to Know About Scala Compilation: #3 Will Blow Your Mind!
Iulian Dragoș dreams about a world where the Scala programming language is the default choice for new projects. He learned Scala by writing the compiler backend for it during his PhD at EPFL, back in 2004, and he was the first employee of Lightbend (formerly Typesafe). At Lightbend he helped the company grow from 5 to 85 employees, playing the role of engineer, technical lead, consultant, trainer or sales engineer. Iulian is a frequent speaker at conferences and actively contributing to several open-source projects.
Co-founder of a stealth mode startup aiming at revolutionising Scala developers' life. Mirco has 10+ year experience with Scala, and also has extensive knowledge on Akka, Lagom, Playframework, and Sbt. Before founding his own company, he worked at Lightbend (formerly known as Typesafe), where he wore different hats: from engineering, to consulting, and (fun fact) even sales! He is a certified Lightbend trainer for Akka, Playframework, and Scala. He loves meeting people and sharing experiences, so don't hesitate to say hi when you see him. In his freetime, he plays chess and studies wine - both theory and practice! :)