Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
After describing some of the areas of Scala that are of particular interest in financial development, Alex talks about the reasons Scala improved his team's productivity, reduced the size of the codebase and eased maintainance.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Fast Track to F# with Tomas Petricek & Phil Trelford (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Haskell eXchange 2019 (in London on 10th - 11th October 2019)
- Clojure eXchange 2019 (in London on 2nd - 3rd December 2019)
- Hands-on: Fractal art with Fable and WebGL (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Keynote by Dick Wall on Why API Design Matters, and Why Yours Sucks! (and mine sucks too!) (in London on 24th June 2019)
- The Elements of Tagless Final Style (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Scala 2.13 and Beyond! (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
Scala, A better language for finance?!
Alex McGuire is a mathematician who, with a startling lack of originality, ended up working in the city as a quant developer. He has been developing pricing and risk management systems for derivatives of varying complexity for the past twenty years,