A good API doesn't just allow you to do something - it teaches you how to do something. RouteMaster is an open source project for "writing stateful workflows on top of a message bus. It exists to make the implementation of long running business processes easy in event driven systems."
It lifts heavily from the ideas in the book "Enterprise Integration Patterns", and aims to sit on top of a messaging library such as EasyNetQ and teach a developer how to make use of the patterns from the book without shooting themselves in the foot.
RouteMaster is still very much under construction, and Michael will both walk you through the basics of distributed systems and why the API is designed the way it is so far, as well as collecting feedback on how to make it better.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fixing Real Life Problems from the Ivory Tower - Audience Level: Advanced (SkillsCast recorded in April 2017)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Workshop on 11th - 14th October 2022)
- F# eXchange 2022: Online (Online Conference on 25th - 26th October 2022)
- Open Source MLOps - Pipelines & Orchestration (Online Meetup on 25th August 2022)
- Understanding Microservices: A Guide for the Monolithic Developer (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Why Every Day as a Developer Would Be Easier with F# (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Michael Newton on RouteMaster
Developer, Architect, Trainer, Consultant; Michael runs @mavnn ltd along with his wife, providing training and consultancy. If it relates to learning about or using anything that relates to .net, functional programming or build/infrastructure tooling we can probably help you.