What can we do? It’s paramount we gain greater insight into the tools and libraries we use. There are also established (anti-)patterns that you should know about, if you fancy to keep compilation times to a minimum. And why not utilizing all cores when compiling? The stock Scala compiler can’t do it, but Triplequote Hydra is here to change that. Sit tight and let’s cut down on compilation time!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk - 5 Things You Need to Know About Scala Compilation: #3 Will Blow Your Mind! (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- YOW! Lambda Jam 2022 (Online Conference on 1st - 30th May 2022)
- Steve Poole presents Log4Shell : Armageddon or Opportunity? (Online Meetup on 26th January 2022)
- Formal Verification of Subsets of the Rust Language (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Journey to the Centre of the JVM (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Compiling like a Boss!
Co-founder of a stealth mode startup aiming at revolutionising Scala developers' life. Mirco has 10+ year experience with Scala, and also has extensive knowledge on Akka, Lagom, Playframework, and Sbt. Before founding his own company, he worked at Lightbend (formerly known as Typesafe), where he wore different hats: from engineering, to consulting, and (fun fact) even sales! He is a certified Lightbend trainer for Akka, Playframework, and Scala. He loves meeting people and sharing experiences, so don't hesitate to say hi when you see him. In his freetime, he plays chess and studies wine - both theory and practice! :)
Iulian Dragoș dreams about a world where the Scala programming language is the default choice for new projects. He learned Scala by writing the compiler backend for it during his PhD at EPFL, back in 2004, and he was the first employee of Lightbend (formerly Typesafe). At Lightbend he helped the company grow from 5 to 85 employees, playing the role of engineer, technical lead, consultant, trainer or sales engineer. Iulian is a frequent speaker at conferences and actively contributing to several open-source projects.