Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Ever looked at your exception handling and wondered, "wow this looks a lot like java"? Write Jala no more!
In this 15 minute talk, you will learn how to take your java-like exception handling and give it some scala functional twists. So try, catch, and finally, just come and listen.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 4th - 6th November 2019)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- The Five Stages of Data: a holistic approach to data analytics and BI (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Keynote: Is DevOps Still Relevant In A Cloud Native World? (Enterprise Edition) (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Lightning Talk - Leave Jala Behind: Better Exception Handling in Just 15 Mins
Netta's career spans 10 years, 3 companies, and 3 languages. Fortunately, the last four years have been spent at Wix, working in Scala. Her love of clean coding and TDD have helped her build microservices in Scala that run Wix Pro Gallery and Wix Photo Albums. She has two wonderful kids, who don't yet know Scala, and a wonderful husband, who although wonderful, doesn't want to hear another word about that Scala thing.