A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
In this workshop you will implement one user story from scratch for a new iOS application. Distribution of the contents and scope may vary slightly, in order to maximize the understanding of the basics.
The agenda of the workshop includes:
- Clean Architecture Concepts: Brief introduction in order to understand the pieces of the architecture and their implementation in iOS.
- Implementation of the Interactor: Implement the first user story: show a list of data elements to the user. Define the first version of the immutable entities and transform them into immutable structures with the data to display.
- Implementation of the Presenter/event handler: Creation of the presenter that will talk to the view and present the data.
- Implementation of the View: How to make a dumb, but still useful view.
- A basic implementation of the entity gateway: Defer the decision of the persistence framework for later. Implement the minimum functionality in a basic object. Implications of the repository pattern.
- Connect the pieces and make it all work: Understand the way the pieces are interconnected and its memory management implications. Implement the required object, modify the App delegate and make it work with the storyboard.
- Review, Questions & Answers
Please make sure to bring your laptop with latest version of Xcode installed and running.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Android Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 22nd - 24th February 2021)
- iOS Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 1st - 3rd March 2021)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 19th - 21st April 2021)
- Architecting Alive Apps (SkillsCast recorded in March 2017)
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 18th - 19th February 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- Evolutionary Architecture (SkillsCast recorded in January 2021)
- What an Architect Can Learn from Retrospective Failures (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Workshop: Hands On Advanced Architecture for iOS
Jorge is a freelancer dedicated to mobile development, security, and systems architecture. He started his work as a developer at M.I.T. in 1993 and since has collaborated in numerous software projects. Most of them were internally for HP where he worked for more than 15 years. Since 2008 he has been working in different aspects of mobile development. After playing with PalmOS, he learned Android programming for the first Google App contest and immediately started to play with the first iPhone SDK. He is an instructor in the best iOS and Android Bootcamps in the USA and Europe, and has spoken at some of the world's most renowned conferences about topics relating to mobile app architecture and best practices (and occasionally about Go and Raspberry Pis).