A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
The agenda of the workshop includes:
- Clean Architecture Concepts: Brief introduction in order to understand the pieces of the architecture and their implementation in iOS.
- Implementation of the Interactor: Implement the first user story: show a list of data elements to the user. Define the first version of the immutable entities and transform them into immutable structures with the data to display.
- Implementation of the Presenter/event handler: Creation of the presenter that will talk to the view and present the data.
- Implementation of the View: How to make a dumb, but still useful view.
- A basic implementation of the entity gateway: Defer the decision of the persistence framework for later. Implement the minimum functionality in a basic object. Implications of the repository pattern.
- Connect the pieces and make it all work: Understand the way the pieces are interconnected and its memory management implications. Implement the required object, modify the App delegate and make it work with the storyboard.
- Review, Questions & Answers
Please make sure to bring your laptop with latest version of Xcode installed and running.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Workshop: Hands On Advanced Architecture for iOS
Jorge is a freelancer dedicated to mobile development, security, and systems architecture. He started his work as a developer at M.I.T. in 1993 and since has collaborated in numerous software projects. Most of them were internally for HP where he worked for more than 15 years. Since 2008 he has been working in different aspects of mobile development. After playing with PalmOS, he learned Android programming for the first Google App contest and immediately started to play with the first iPhone SDK. He is an instructor in the best iOS and Android Bootcamps in the USA and Europe, and has spoken at some of the world's most renowned conferences about topics relating to mobile app architecture and best practices (and occasionally about Go and Raspberry Pis).