Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
While developing an iOS application at some point you may notice, that it does not go as smooth as it used to. At the beginning everything was much smaller, it was easier to reason about, it did not take that long to build and it was much faster to switch between application and test targets. The question is - can anything be done about it? Can you still develop continuously growing applications and do not fell the overwhelmed by them? The answer is - "yes you can”. Eliasz will share with you how you can make it happen by isolating and modularising components in your code. If you do it well, then you will always feel as you work on something small.
This talk is built from two parts - first part is about how you can use existing Xcode project options and structure to make your builds faster. The second part is focused on how you can modularise our codebase by splitting your code to logic and passive views. By doing that, you can achieve situation in which your modules will be smaller (they will compile faster) and you will be able to test your logic code in a quicker way (you will be able to test them as macOS frameworks, because they will no longer be dependent on UIKit).
Eliasz's goal is to not only share with you how to decrease build times, but also show that the development experience that you have while writing code is even more important than having low build times in general. In this case - ability to get faster feedback loop by testing code as macOS frameworks gave Eliasz high productivity boost that was more important than having low build times in general.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Introduction to Functional Reactive Programming (SkillsCast recorded in March 2017)
- Fast Track to iOS Architecture (in London on 11th - 13th December 2019)
- iOSCon 2020 - The conference for iOS and Swift Developers (in London on 19th - 20th March 2020)
- NewDay Career Hub Drop-in (in London on 21st November 2019)
- Everything you wanted to know about Swift but were afraid to ask (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- From Capabilities to Services: Modelling for Business-IT Alignment (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)