Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Azure Functions, Function-as-a-Service "serverless" offering from Microsoft, provides you with a super easy way to run custom code in response to events. Serverless is the new buzz of the day, rapidly taking over the fame of microservices.
In this talk Mikhail will dive into creating Azure Functions in F#. You will learn the process of authoring Functions in your editor of choice, and how to use cross-platform tools to host the runtime on your development machine.
Mikhail will share how Functions are the easiest way to run backend F# code in the cloud. You will also learn how the principles of functional programming can be reused and amplified by properly designed event-driven Function pipelines.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Durable F#unctions (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Deep Dive into Entity Framework Core with Julie Lerman (in London on 23rd - 24th March 2020)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- ProgNET London 2020 (in London on 16th - 18th September 2020)
- Keynote by Brian Ketelsen on Going Multicloud with Serverless (in London on 17th October 2019)
- 2 Presentations: Kubernetes Ingress & DevOps and Microservices Better Together (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Turbocharging Azure DevOps with Octopus Deploy (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Serverless Journey with Lessons Learned (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Mikhail Shilkov is a Microsoft Azure MVP, Russian expat living in the Netherlands. He is passionate about cloud technologies, functional programming and the intersection of the two. In his spare time, you can find him answering “azure-functions” questions on StackOverflow, tweeting as @MikhailShilkov about serverless, blogging about functional programming at https://mikhail.io, or presenting the stories of serverless and functional adoption at conferences and meetups.