Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Azure Functions, Function-as-a-Service "serverless" offering from Microsoft, provides you with a super easy way to run custom code in response to events. Serverless is the new buzz of the day, rapidly taking over the fame of microservices.
In this talk Mikhail will dive into creating Azure Functions in F#. You will learn the process of authoring Functions in your editor of choice, and how to use cross-platform tools to host the runtime on your development machine.
Mikhail will share how Functions are the easiest way to run backend F# code in the cloud. You will also learn how the principles of functional programming can be reused and amplified by properly designed event-driven Function pipelines.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Durable F#unctions (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Keynote by Markus Eisele on Java in the Age of Containers and Serverless (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Keynote by Rachel Appel: Build Data Driven Web Apps using ASP.NET Core (in London on 25th June 2019)
- Keynote: Crossing the River by Feeing the Stones (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- How To Build a Social Network Entirely on Serverless (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Mikhail Shilkov is a Microsoft Azure MVP, Russian expat living in the Netherlands. He is passionate about cloud technologies, functional programming and the intersection of the two. In his spare time, you can find him answering “azure-functions” questions on StackOverflow, tweeting as @MikhailShilkov about serverless, blogging about functional programming at https://mikhail.io, or presenting the stories of serverless and functional adoption at conferences and meetups.