Kirill gives a live-coding overview of the Shiny application from the RStudio team, which makes it substantially easier to produce interactive web applications for research into an investment strategy.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Parallel Computing in R (SkillsCast recorded in July 2018)
- Practical ML 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd July 2020)
- Security in the Age of Big Data (Data Anonymisation & Encryption) (in London on 21st October 2019)
- IWDS 26: Evaluating and improving our Data Science models (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Creating a Strong Data Science Portfolio (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Ethics for Data Science (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Building web applications for back testing systematic investment strategies (using R with Shiny)
Kirill has been working on data management and analytics in financial services for the last 8 years. He started out in the Treasury team of a large Russian bank, where he was building data pipelines and models for liquidity management and middle office reporting. After moving to London he joined a fixed income brokerage startup, where he has been building out their data analytics platform, leveraging multiple open source technologies.