Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
DDD calls for "exploring models of the domain". But what does that look like?
In this talk, Eric will share an example; a series of distinct models for doing typical time-oriented business logic.
In a domain this familiar, it can be tough to break our minds away from the existing solutions. Practice helps, and this talk suggests a way to practice on generic subdomains, as well as a few techniques he uses to nudge you along.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Good Design is Imperfect Design (SkillsCast recorded in April 2017)
- Crafting Code with Sandro Mancuso (Online Course on 15th - 16th October 2020)
- Domain Models in Practice: DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 2nd - 6th November 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Keynote: The Importance of Laughter (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Keynote: Exploring Time
Eric Evans, author of Domain-driven Design: Tackling Complexity in the Heart of Software is a thought leader in software design, domain driven design and domain modeling and particularly focuses on strategic design.