Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
This presentation will be using live coding to explore how to implement and implement a CQRS architecture using functional abstractions, pure functions and immutable data using Kotlin as language.
CQRS concepts go very he'll together with functional programming principles of immutability and high level functions.
You don't have to know Kotlin or functional programming but the knowledge can be beneficial. This session will try to capture the main architecture critical decision in implementing a CQRS application. He also believes that using a functional approach simplify the code and avoid some typical pitfalls in event store implementations. Of course, it can bring to other problems so he will discuss those as well.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Project Valhalla with Uberto Barbini (SkillsCast recorded in January 2019)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 8th - 12th November 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Haskell eXchange 2021: Novice Track (Online Conference on 15th November 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design Hands-On Workshop: A DDD-traineeship at "Carries Cars" (Online Meetup on 26th October 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design & Legacy: Evolution Not Revolution (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- "Speak" Your Architecture: From Domain Language to Well-Named Components (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Uberto is an expert on designing and building software products, currently working with financial institutions in London. He has more than two decades experience, in many industries in building great sw products. He has been practising TDD and Agile since 2001. He writes technical articles, regularly speaks at conferences around Europe and organises courses. Last but not least he is a passionate polyglot programmer, he started as a kid with a ZxSpectrum he hopes to continue for many years to come.