At least once a year I like to focus on people's well being given the demands on our lives both in and out of work tend to increase continually unless we get into the habit of knowing what we can manage and deal with it accordingly. Not easy I know and it's not a surprise mental problems are on the rise globally, hence why it's an important topic.
In SEAM #13 we will be joined by MQ Mental Health's John Valentine and Ali Ryan who'll be sharing insights and experiences from being involved with the charity that can help us all on a day to day basis.
Ali will talk about the information provided in her book, The Project Done by The Foresight Mental Wellbeing Project (2008), which contains more than 80 papers and science reviews that helped her come up with 5 actions to improve personal wellbeing:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner: Principles to Practices (In Person) with Ben Maynard (in London on 11th - 13th July 2022)
- Certified Agile Team Coaching with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 15th - 19th August 2022)
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: In-Person (in Perth on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: Online (Online Conference on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- How to Use Powerful Rituals for More Success (Online Meetup on 12th July 2022)
- The Role of the LeSS Practitioner (SkillsCast recorded in April 2022)
- Panel: What to Expect When you Might (or not) be Expecting (SkillsCast recorded in March 2022)
SEAM #13 - Managing Stress and Anxiety - Life is not a sprint!
Ali is an Ambassador for MQ Mental Health, a charity which helps to fund mental health research. She's the author of 'A Blue Sky Is Calling' which follows her own mental health journey with depression. The book encourages people to look after their own mental health and champions the 5 ways to wellbeing itemised by the Foresight's Mental Capacity and Wellbeing project (2008).