Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Domain events have many interesting properties. They can be used in the discovery and modelling process in the Event Storming workshops, but they are also great landmarks of business processes in domain models and the code itself. Also, the wider adoption of CQRS based and Event sourced architectures in the industry, put domain events at the heart of the systems.
However, the implementation of domain events inside architecture is not straightforward and there are many technical constraints one has to take into account.
In this talk, Tomasz will discuss different patterns he's worked with that has helped him to leverage domain events into the distributed architectures.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- From Domain Boundaries to Purposeful Architecture (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Workshop on 6th - 10th June 2022)
- Domain-Driven Design in Practice with Michael Plöd (Online Workshop on 20th - 22nd September 2022)
- Dark Energy, Dark Matter and Microservice Architecture Collaboration Patterns (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
- Software Architecture in a DevOps World (SkillsCast recorded in February 2022)
Leveraging Domain Events at the Heart of Our Systems
With more than 20 years of hands-on experience as software engineer in HRIS, e-commerce, insurance and financial fields, Tomasz is mainly focused on creating software delivering true business value which aligns with the business strategic initiatives and bears solutions with clearly identifiable competitive advantage through his Paris based consulting company Luteceo.
Active .NET contributor of VLINGO XOOM platform the way forward to rapidly unify scalable and high-performance architecture with design that drives business innovation, Tomasz is also one of the authors of the book "Strategic Monoliths and Microservices" co-written with Vaugh Vernon to help business decision-makers and technical team members collaborate to clearly understand their strategic problems, and identify their optimal architectural approaches in their quest for successful digital transformation.