He will take us through the challenges of defining the problem statement, into automated web scraping and data extraction, then into some of the issues with data visualisation. Lastly, he will be sharing some fascinating insights into the data, areas of interest and some of the challenges that need to be considered.
It promises to be a fascinating presentation that delves into a topic of huge relevance to all of us; if the portfolio increases by 10% it is the equivalent of one year of the annual defence budget and overseas aid budget combined.
We will also be following up the presentation up with a 45 min workshop to exchange ideas on how to exploit some of the methods and also share ideas on potential improvements.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- How will Robotic Process Automation change how we deliver projects? (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Data-Driven Improvement of Software Quality with Markus Harrer (Online Course on 27th - 28th September 2021)
- Deep Learning Fundamentals with Leonardo De Marchi (Online Course on 11th - 14th October 2021)
- Building a Runtime Reflection System for Rust (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Hedge your Bets with Rust (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Discovering the truth within the Government Major Projects Portfolio
Dr James Smith is the Chief Technology Officer and lead Data Scientist within Projecting Success and has a broad remit spanning data analysis through to machine learning; he has a passion for using emerging methods to transform how projects are delivered. He has an applied mathematics PhD and specialised in Orthogonal Polynomials and the Painlevé equations. He spent 2 years lecturing mathematics at the University of Kent before making the natural transition to Data Scientist in 2017.