Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, Gien will share with you the strategies she tried out to understand three web frameworks she didn't know beforehand, Freya, Suave and Giraffe, in order to find out if they were a good fit for her needs. Along the way, Gien will discuss some tricks that everybody could use to understand, beyond these specific libraries, what heuristics worked and which didn't in quickly evaluating libraries and understanding their risks.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Playing nice together: how to use F# in a brownfield project - Audience Level: Beginner (SkillsCast recorded in April 2017)
- F# eXchange 2022: Online (Online Conference on 25th - 26th October 2022)
- F# eXchange 2022: In-Person (in London on 25th - 26th October 2022)
- Haskell: A Conversion Experience (SkillsCast recorded in November 2021)
- Using F# to Structure an Island of Simplicity (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
The Curious Case of Freya, Suave and Giraffe: Reducing Risks In Picking a New Tech.
Gien is a software developer with 9 years of experience, mainly in a .NET environment, who likes to start her day with coffee. She is a strong believer of continuously learning by deliberate practice and knowledge sharing, which is why she takes part in the organization of two Belgian communities, namely DDDBE and SoCraTesBE.