Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, Martin explores strategic design in the light of understanding the long-running nature of delivering many real-life business capabilities. But he will also show the practical side of the equation: implementing long-running behaviour of services, requiring proper reactions on failures, timeouts and the compensating actions sagas are known for. A new generation of lightweight, embeddable and scalable state machines and process engines assist in this endeavour. Expect real-life experience and many examples!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Storystorming (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 8th - 12th November 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design Hands-On Workshop: A DDD-traineeship at "Carries Cars" (Online Meetup on 26th October 2021)
- Evolutionary Architecture: Principles and Patterns (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- The Lost Art of Software Design (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Know the Flow! Events, Commands and Long-Running Services
For over a decade Martin has been working in complex domains like energy trading, health care or wind tunnel organization. As a coder, he has a soft spot for readable and testable APIs and enjoys to design services around long-running capabilities. As a "domain decoder", he is into Domain-Driven Design and with Storystorming he now integrates methods which shift the focus from technology to the user value of what we do. Martin blogs at https://medium.com/plexiti and publishes in magazines like InfoQ and OBJEKTspektrum, a well-read german periodical for which he is an editorial member. In his hometown Vienna he organises meetups around Domain-Driven Design, Microservices, Reactive and Distributed Systems. Martin is a contributor to several projects on GitHub and a trainer with experience in 50+ companies and 10+ countries. He regularly speaks at meetups and conferences across Europe - and from time to time in the US.