This session was not filmed.
Due to popular demand, we're having another hands-on mini art hackathon! The theme is ... "I Want To Believe". Don't miss it!
An art hackathon means coming together in a shared space, and being collectively inspired, to create algorithmic art at the meetup itself.
Hackathons are really fun, hands on practical (there's no talk or lecture), and we're often surprised how much can be created in a limited time.
Beginners are very welcome, as well as more experienced friends who can help others.
All the best art emerges from constraints, often consciously self-imposed. This hack will have some constraints:
• You must allow your code and work to be publicly viewable and freely copyable and reusable (CC-SA).
• We have 60 minutes to create the art from scratch.
• The work must be inspired by the theme "I Want To Believe". You may interpret this as you wish.
• Your own constraints (colour, shape, other) - do tell us when you're showing your work.
If people want to work together, that's fine.
To make sure things get done, we'll stick to the following schedule:
• 6.30 - 7.00pm arrive
• 7.00 - 7.10pm intro and organisation
• 7.10 - 8.10pm mini art hack!
• 8.10 - 8.30pm show your work
Support will be available for beginners to get going, or help fix any coding problems. Volunteers for helping out really welcome!
Last time we did this it worked well - but we did have some suggestions for improvement. This time we'll set some time for teams or individuals to get organised.
There will be an opportunity to talk about your work at the end, if you let me know in good time.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: