Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Many apps support multiple “themes”, but some need the ability to be remixed with specialised flows and feature sets, while reusing as much as possible. When layouts, flows and business logic live in View Controllers, it’s difficult to do this well. But a combination of Coordinators and Clean architecture make remixed apps not just possible, but straightforward and easy to test too.
Dan Cutting will share with you the techniques he is applying at Schibsted to achieve highly flexible, well tested mobile software using the 'Remix' approach.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- iOSCon Bytes with Dan Cutting (SkillsCast recorded in August 2017)
- Fast Track to iOS Architecture (in London on 2nd - 4th December 2019)
- iOSCon 2020 - The conference for iOS and Swift Developers (in London on 19th - 20th March 2020)
- Flutter London June Meetup (in London on 17th June 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Android Home-screen Widgets with Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Full Stack Testing of Flutter Apps (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
App Architectures: Remixed
Dan started coding on an Apple IIc and IIGS, before experimenting with UNIX and Windows during his wilderness years. He stumbled into iOS development in 2008 and has since been lead developer for several award-winning apps including Sky Mobile TV, Sky Movies and F1 Race Control. You can find him blogging at cutting.io.