Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Ask people about their experience rolling out microservices, and one theme dominates: engineering is the easy part, people are super hard! Everybody knows about Conway's Law, everybody knows they need to make changes to their organisation to support a different product model, but what are those changes? How do you know if you're succeeding or failing, if people are struggling and miserable or just experiencing the discomfort of learning new skills? Charity will talk through real stories of pain and grief as people modernize their team and their stack.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: Observability-Driven Development (SkillsCast recorded in September 2018)
- Azure DevOps (in Online on 15th July 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (in Online Event on 23rd July 2020)
- Software Modernisation: A Strategic Approach (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Let’s Play with Cloud Code to Run Cloud Native Applications (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
Keynote: Keep Calm and Carry On: Scaling Your Org With Microservices
Charity is a co-founder and engineer at Honeycomb, a startup that blends the speed of time series with the raw power of rich events to give you interactive, iterative debugging of complex systems. She has worked at companies like Facebook, Parse, and Linden Lab, as a systems engineer and engineering manager, but always seems to end up responsible for the databases. Loves free speech, free software and a nice peaty single malt.