Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Ask people about their experience rolling out microservices, and one theme dominates: engineering is the easy part, people are super hard! Everybody knows about Conway's Law, everybody knows they need to make changes to their organisation to support a different product model, but what are those changes? How do you know if you're succeeding or failing, if people are struggling and miserable or just experiencing the discomfort of learning new skills? Charity will talk through real stories of pain and grief as people modernize their team and their stack.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: Observability-Driven Development (SkillsCast recorded in September 2018)
- Advanced Kubernetes Concepts with Jérôme Petazzoni (Online Course on 28th September - 1st October 2020)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 19th - 22nd October 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- How developers are the new security rockstars
Keynote: Keep Calm and Carry On: Scaling Your Org With Microservices
Charity is a co-founder and engineer at Honeycomb, a startup that blends the speed of time series with the raw power of rich events to give you interactive, iterative debugging of complex systems. She has worked at companies like Facebook, Parse, and Linden Lab, as a systems engineer and engineering manager, but always seems to end up responsible for the databases. Loves free speech, free software and a nice peaty single malt.