Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
At the heart of DDD are Models. Eric Evans uses Model Driven Development interchangeably with the term DDD in a lot of places in his blue book. In reality, this can quickly get lost with lots of focus on the tactical patterns and rarely on strategic patterns. But what does it actually mean? Model Thinking like Agile, DevOps is a culture that should be encouraged and embraced as a way of working within Software Development teams. This way of looking at the software that's being built can help in many ways. In this talk, Gayathri aims to explore what Model Thinking means, how it helps and what are the challenges to this approach and some of it directly drawn from her current experience.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Adopting Domain Driven Design at Scale (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Crafting Code with Sandro Mancuso (Online Course on 14th - 15th January 2021)
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 18th - 19th February 2021)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non-DDD People (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Lightning Talk: Specification as a Library (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
Lightning Talk 1: Model Thinking as a Way of Working – Nurturing DDD Culture
Gayathri Thiyagarajan is a Technology Lead at Expedia Group. With over 14 years of experience in delivering scalable, autonomous software applications mainly using Java technologies, she has wide experience working in various domains such as Travel, Public Sector, Supplier Management, Logistics, Consumer Products and Retail industries.