Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Domain Storytelling means brining together domain experts and IT experts. You let them tell you stories about their collaborative tasks. While listening, you record the stories using a pictographic language. The experts can see immediately whether or not we understand their story. After very few stories, you are able to talk about the people, tasks, tools, work items, and events in that domain.
The visualized stories give you clues for finding context boundaries. As we learn more about a domain and refine our ubiquitous languages, we will adapt the context boundaries.
The talk will consist of two parts: Hennin will introduce Domain Storytelling with a role play. As example domain they will use the ship maneuver domain from the port of Hamburg. In the second part, he will discuss examples. These will illustrate how to find context boundaries and how to capture cooperation across contexts.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Strategic Design – The Joy of Multiple Models (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Domain-Driven Design in Practice with Michael Plöd (Online Workshop on 20th - 22nd September 2022)
- Functional Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Workshop on 17th - 21st October 2022)
- Domain-Driven Design & Legacy: Evolution Not Revolution (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Keynote: Moving House (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
Hands-on: Master your Domain with Domain Storytelling
Henning loves to code. He follows this passion as a software architect and consultant at WPS – Workplace Solutions in Hamburg, Germany. His projects are domain-driven, agile and in languages like Java, C# and even ABAP.