Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Domain Storytelling means brining together domain experts and IT experts. You let them tell you stories about their collaborative tasks. While listening, you record the stories using a pictographic language. The experts can see immediately whether or not we understand their story. After very few stories, you are able to talk about the people, tasks, tools, work items, and events in that domain.
The visualized stories give you clues for finding context boundaries. As we learn more about a domain and refine our ubiquitous languages, we will adapt the context boundaries.
The talk will consist of two parts: Hennin will introduce Domain Storytelling with a role play. As example domain they will use the ship maneuver domain from the port of Hamburg. In the second part, he will discuss examples. These will illustrate how to find context boundaries and how to capture cooperation across contexts.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Strategic Design – The Joy of Multiple Models (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 10th - 14th May 2021)
- Crafting Code with Sandro Mancuso (Online Course on 13th - 14th May 2021)
- DDDx — Domain-Driven Design eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th June 2021)
- Real-world API Modularization with DDD and Hypermedia (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- Good Fences Make Good Neighbours (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
Hands-on: Master your Domain with Domain Storytelling
Henning loves to code. He follows this passion as a software architect and consultant at WPS – Workplace Solutions in Hamburg, Germany. His projects are domain-driven, agile and in languages like Java, C# and even ABAP.