Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, you will start with a simple design problem and follow the types, think about composition, abstract away what's irrelevant, and arrive at a solution to many problems. With some luck you'll also gain a bit of intuition about how functional programmers think.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 13th May 2021)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 12th May 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 22nd May 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th - 21st October 2021)
- An Introduction to Cats Effect with Adam Rosien (Online Meetup on 22nd April 2021)
- Type Me If You Can: Writing Safe Communication Protocols with F# (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Intro to OCaml (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
Keynote: Pushing Types and Gazing at the Stars
Rob writes pure functional astronomy software for the Gemini Observatory, and is a contributor to many Typelevel projects (and others) that promote functional programming in Scala. He enjoys complaining on Twitter and elsewhere as @tpolecat. Rob lives in Portland with his wife and daughter, who are very good sports.