Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, you will start with a simple design problem and follow the types, think about composition, abstract away what's irrelevant, and arrive at a solution to many problems. With some luck you'll also gain a bit of intuition about how functional programmers think.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- FP in Kotlin with Arrow with Jorge Castillo (Online Course on 20th - 23rd September 2021)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 27th October 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th October 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Journey to the Centre of the JVM (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Connecting the dots - building and structuring a functional application in Scala (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Keynote: Pushing Types and Gazing at the Stars
Rob writes pure functional astronomy software for the Gemini Observatory, and is a contributor to many Typelevel projects (and others) that promote functional programming in Scala. He enjoys complaining on Twitter and elsewhere as @tpolecat. Rob lives in Portland with his wife and daughter, who are very good sports.