Everything is easy now. We start a VM instead of racking a server, we start a container instead of starting a VM, or we run a function instead of running a container. We can use dozens of SaaS providers so that we can focus on the things that are core to our business. It's great, but the multitude of tools and services makes it hard to build effective delivery pipelines.
Escape is a recently open sourced tool that aims to make it easier to build platforms out of disparate components and services.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- KubeFuse: a Kubernetes File System (SkillsCast recorded in June 2016)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 22nd - 25th February 2021)
- Advanced Kubernetes Concepts with Jérôme Petazzoni (Online Course on 22nd - 25th March 2021)
- Introducing AWS Immersion Days (Online Meetup on 11th February 2021)
- Event-Driven Microservices: The Sense, Nonsense and a Way Forward (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Lightning Talk: E Pluribus Unum – Adventures in Polycloud Delivery (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
From Dev to Prod and back again
Bart Spaans is a Lead Consultant at OpenCredo with a broad technical interest, ranging from software engineering to deploying highly scalable distributed systems.