Everything is easy now. We start a VM instead of racking a server, we start a container instead of starting a VM, or we run a function instead of running a container. We can use dozens of SaaS providers so that we can focus on the things that are core to our business. It's great, but the multitude of tools and services makes it hard to build effective delivery pipelines.
Escape is a recently open sourced tool that aims to make it easier to build platforms out of disparate components and services.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- KubeFuse: a Kubernetes File System (SkillsCast recorded in June 2016)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 1st - 4th December 2020)
- Advanced Kubernetes Concepts with Jérôme Petazzoni (Online Course on 7th - 10th December 2020)
- CloudNative eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 17th - 18th November 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Azure DevOps (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
From Dev to Prod and back again
Bart Spaans is a Lead Consultant at OpenCredo with a broad technical interest, ranging from software engineering to deploying highly scalable distributed systems.