However recursion can be a little tricky when learning about it for the first time. This relaxed session will introduce the idea gently, and illustrate it with some simple but convincing examples.
The tutorial is aimed firmly at beginners, including artists who have never coded before.
Some of the things we'll cover:
Basic idea, without using a computer
Simple recursive circles example
Reminder - stop and continue conditions
Realistic trees, geometric patterns
Lindenmayer-systems (which made the pattern above)
After this session you will have at the very least an intuition for recursion and why it is so powerful. If you're a little more confident with coding, you'll be able to experiment with recursion yourself.
What to bring
You don't have to bring a laptop. If you want, you can experiment with a few of the examples which will be using openprocessing.org and p5js so you only need a modern browser and working wifi - no additional software needs to be installed.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Generative Adversarial Networks with PyTorch (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Deep Learning Fundamentals with Leonardo De Marchi (Online Course on 12th - 15th July 2021)
- LDN *Virtual* Talks May 2021 (Online Meetup on 27th May 2021)
- 90 Minutes: The Continuous Delivery of Data (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Building a Custom Type Provider (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)