Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
It turns out that Strategic patterns can help you learn about existing environment and challenges. The Tactical ones can be applied to build software that will make implementation of new capabilities possible.
In this talk Kacper will reflect on his past experience with rebuilding complex business systems. He will share with the audience his thoughts on what worked and what caused problems. Try to answer if it’s possible to stay sane in the Microservice world?
He'll discuss challenges arising when trying to migrate to Event Sourcing. Give tips on how to make best use of Domain Experts and explain why consistency is a business problem.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 20th - 21st May 2021)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 8th - 12th March 2021)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 19th - 21st April 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- DDDx — Domain-Driven Design eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th June 2021)
- Domain Modelling in a Remote World (Online Meetup on 4th March 2021)
- Rust from a Frontend Perspective (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
- Meeting Our First Production Need with Rust (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
Lessons Learned: Rebuilding Legacy Apps with Domain-Driven Design
Kacper Gunia is an independent Software Architect, Trainer and Consultant with 10 years of experience in the industry. He is passionate about delivering value by creating software that is aligned with the business as well as by enabling teams to be successful & productive with Domain-Driven Design and other methodologies. Kacper worked with clients including Starbucks, Time Inc, GFT, EPAM, Sportradar & Government agencies. In his spare time, he runs Domain-Driven Design London meetup.