Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
It turns out that Strategic patterns can help you learn about existing environment and challenges. The Tactical ones can be applied to build software that will make implementation of new capabilities possible.
In this talk Kacper will reflect on his past experience with rebuilding complex business systems. He will share with the audience his thoughts on what worked and what caused problems. Try to answer if it’s possible to stay sane in the Microservice world?
He'll discuss challenges arising when trying to migrate to Event Sourcing. Give tips on how to make best use of Domain Experts and explain why consistency is a business problem.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Functional Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Workshop on 17th - 21st October 2022)
- Domain Driven Design & Legacy Systems with Marijn Huizendveld (In-Person) (in London on 22nd - 24th November 2022)
- iSAQB Software Architecture Gathering — Digital 2022 (Online Conference on 14th - 17th November 2022)
- E120 - Harjot Singh - Data Analytics at the Core of Digital Transformation (Online Meetup on 9th October 2022)
- From Model to Microservice - ML Deployments at Scale (SkillsCast recorded in September 2022)
- Building a Culture to Take Control of Your Software (SkillsCast recorded in July 2022)
Lessons Learned: Rebuilding Legacy Apps with Domain-Driven Design
Kacper Gunia is an independent Software Architect, Trainer and Consultant with 10 years of experience in the industry. He is passionate about delivering value by creating software that is aligned with the business as well as by enabling teams to be successful & productive with Domain-Driven Design and other methodologies. Kacper worked with clients including Starbucks, Time Inc, GFT, EPAM, Sportradar & Government agencies. In his spare time, he runs Domain-Driven Design London meetup.