Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Domain-Driven Design techniques give us guidance when modelling and building applications. The question is - how to make the best use of it when rewriting something that already exists?
It turns out that Strategic patterns can help you learn about existing environment and challenges. The Tactical ones can be applied to build software that will make implementation of new capabilities possible.
In this talk Kacper will reflect on his past experience with rebuilding complex business systems. He will share with the audience his thoughts on what worked and what caused problems. Try to answer if it’s possible to stay sane in the Microservice world?
He'll discuss challenges arising when trying to migrate to Event Sourcing. Give tips on how to make best use of Domain Experts and explain why consistency is a business problem.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 18th - 19th February 2021)
- Crafting Code with Sandro Mancuso (Online Course on 14th - 15th January 2021)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 15th - 17th February 2021)
- Smash you some Haskell on a Minikube (SkillsCast recorded in November 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non-DDD People (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
Lessons Learned: Rebuilding Legacy Apps with Domain-Driven Design
Kacper Gunia is an independent Software Architect, Trainer and Consultant with 10 years of experience in the industry. He is passionate about delivering value by creating software that is aligned with the business as well as by enabling teams to be successful & productive with Domain-Driven Design and other methodologies. Kacper worked with clients including Starbucks, Time Inc, GFT, EPAM, Sportradar & Government agencies. In his spare time, he runs Domain-Driven Design London meetup.