Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Donella Meadows book, Thinking in Systems, is a concise and crucial book offering insight for problem-solving on scales ranging from the personal to the global. In her book, Donella describes eight system traps and how to get out of it.
In this lighting talk, Kenny will share personal stories of the systems traps he have encountered.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Does Culture Impact Software Design? (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Workshop on 6th - 10th June 2022)
- Domain-Driven Design in Practice with Michael Plöd (Online Workshop on 20th - 22nd September 2022)
- Domain-Driven Design & Legacy: Evolution Not Revolution (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Keynote: Moving House (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
Lightning Talk: I got Trapped. Stories of System Traps in the IT
A lot of knowledge is lost when designing and building software — lost because of hand-overs in a telephone game, confusing communication by not having a shared language, discussing complexity without visualisation and by not leveraging the full potential and wisdom of the diversity of the people. That lost knowledge while creating software impacts the sustainability, quality and value of the software product. Kenny Baas-Schwegler is a socio-technical architect. He blends IT approaches like Domain-Driven Design and Continuous Delivery and facilitates change through using visual collaboration practices, the Cynefin framework and Deep Democracy. Kenny empowers and collaboratively enables organisations, teams and groups of people in designing and building sustainable quality software products.