Improving the performance of ScalaC is an ongoing mission by a number of people. Optimising an application as complex and subtle as the Scala compiler is an interesting adventure. This talk is a fun romp through the world of compilers, performance measurement, optimisation and bytecode. On this journey we will highlight the unexpected challenges, opportunities and skeletons so far discovered.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Back to Basics aka 'When to Break Rules' (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Event Sourcing with Adam Dymitruk (in Perth on 22nd September 2022)
- ScalaCon 2022: Opening Keynote Networking Party (in London on 4th October 2022)
- ScalaCon 2022 (Online Conference on 4th - 8th October 2022)
- Real-time Stream Processing in Spring Made Easy (in London on 25th August 2022)
- Answering Cloud Security Questions of all the Stakeholders (Online Meetup on 13th September 2022)
- A Conceptual Introduction to Nix for Haskellers (SkillsCast recorded in November 2021)
- Haskell in the Enterprise: A Report from in the Belly of the Whale (SkillsCast recorded in November 2021)
Making ScalaC Faster- How Hard Can It Be?
Rory spends his life fighting to find a balance between writing ugly high performance code and beautiful maintainable code. He fights from the trenches to make software better, contributing to open source and has has worked across the entire gamut of software from building a JVM to optimising grid computing.