Rory will invite us on a fun an interesting walk through optimisation and measurement in ScalaC.
Improving the performance of ScalaC is an ongoing mission by a number of people. Optimising an application as complex and subtle as the Scala compiler is an interesting adventure. This talk is a fun romp through the world of compilers, performance measurement, optimisation and bytecode. On this journey we will highlight the unexpected challenges, opportunities and skeletons so far discovered.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Back to Basics aka 'When to Break Rules' (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- F# eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 21st October 2020)
- Haskell eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 3rd - 4th November 2020)
- Intro to OCaml (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
- Keynote: Haskell is a Great Host (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Making ScalaC Faster- How Hard Can It Be?
Rory spends his life fighting to find a balance between writing ugly high performance code and beautiful maintainable code. He fights from the trenches to make software better, contributing to open source and has has worked across the entire gamut of software from building a JVM to optimising grid computing.