Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Jennifer's talk includes three QA horror stories: Manual testing, Mystery tests, and "It works on my machine". She addresses these by showcasing automating testing tools (and doing a live demo of Cypress), proposing an updated workflow (TDD, with devs and QA working together), and using Docker to ensure consistency across environments (more live demo).
The code that she will demo can be found here
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- React & Redux: Web Application Workshop with Damjan Vujnovic (Online Workshop on 12th - 16th September 2022)
- FullStack eXchange: In-Person Conference (in London on 27th - 28th July 2022)
- FullStack eXchange: Online Conference (Online Conference on 27th - 28th July 2022)
- Vue.js and TypeScript: Working Together like Peanut Butter and Jelly (SkillsCast recorded in February 2022)
- Test Those Metrics! Our Black-Box Approach for Observability Testing (SkillsCast recorded in December 2021)
Tales From The QA Crypt
Jenn is a Software Engineering Lead on the Precision Medicine team at Elsevier. Based in Philadelphia, she is responsible for building cutting edge products that reach millions of users. She is a Google Developer Expert in web technologies, and organizer of LibertyJS, PhillyJSDev and TacoJS. She likes to automate things, and once built a thermoregulated heat lamp for her pet lizard. Because she loves her lizard - almost as much as not having to get off the couch to flip a switch.