Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Jennifer's talk includes three QA horror stories: Manual testing, Mystery tests, and "It works on my machine". She addresses these by showcasing automating testing tools (and doing a live demo of Cypress), proposing an updated workflow (TDD, with devs and QA working together), and using Docker to ensure consistency across environments (more live demo).
The code that she will demo can be found here
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 1st - 4th December 2020)
- Crafting Code with Sandro Mancuso (Online Course on 14th - 15th January 2021)
- CloudNative eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 17th - 18th November 2020)
- Nagareyama: a new Fable, faster, more powerful and easier to use (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
Tales From The QA Crypt
Jenn is a Software Engineering Lead on the Precision Medicine team at Elsevier. Based in Philadelphia, she is responsible for building cutting edge products that reach millions of users. She is a Google Developer Expert in web technologies, and organizer of LibertyJS, PhillyJSDev and TacoJS. She likes to automate things, and once built a thermoregulated heat lamp for her pet lizard. Because she loves her lizard - almost as much as not having to get off the couch to flip a switch.