Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Jennifer's talk includes three QA horror stories: Manual testing, Mystery tests, and "It works on my machine". She addresses these by showcasing automating testing tools (and doing a live demo of Cypress), proposing an updated workflow (TDD, with devs and QA working together), and using Docker to ensure consistency across environments (more live demo).
The code that she will demo can be found here
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 21st - 24th September 2020)
- Building and Leading Remote Teams (Online Meetup on 19th August 2020)
- The History of DevOps at Amazon (Online Meetup on 16th September 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Let’s Play with Cloud Code to Run Cloud Native Applications (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
Tales From The QA Crypt
Jenn is a Software Engineering Lead on the Precision Medicine team at Elsevier. Based in Philadelphia, she is responsible for building cutting edge products that reach millions of users. She is a Google Developer Expert in web technologies, and organizer of LibertyJS, PhillyJSDev and TacoJS. She likes to automate things, and once built a thermoregulated heat lamp for her pet lizard. Because she loves her lizard - almost as much as not having to get off the couch to flip a switch.