Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, you will explore a deep dive into the technology behind those everyday experiences, and demystify the algorithms and abstractions that make our digital world go round. You will discover everything from network addressing algorithms, frequency-hopping cellular data networks and shortest path optimisation, to wavelet compression, fingerprint recognition and media encoding schemes. Whether you’re a programmer, a product owner or just somebody who loves using the latest tech, after watching this talk you’ll never look at your phone quite the same way again.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Have I Got .NET For You?! (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Android Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 17th - 19th May 2021)
- iOS Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 24th - 26th May 2021)
- Get Confident with Investment Basics & Sustainable Investing (Online Meetup on 21st April 2021)
- Accessibility in Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)
- The Sonic Contender (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Apps, Algorithms and Abstractions: Decoding our Digital World
Dylan Beattie is a systems architect, developer, and Microsoft MVP, who has built everything from tiny standalone websites to large-scale distributed systems. He created his first web page in 1992, and he's been building data-driven interactive web applications since the days of Windows NT 4. He's currently the CTO at Skills Matter in London, where he juggles his time between working on their software platform and supporting their conference and community teams. From 2003 to 2018, Dylan worked as webmaster, then IT Manager, and then systems architect at Spotlight (www.spotlight.com), where his first-hand experience of watching an organisation and its codebase evolve over more than a decade provided him with a unique insight into how everything from web standards and API design to Conway's Law and recruitment ends up influencing a company’s code and culture.