Let me take you on a journey through the development of a web-based event sourcing application in F# & Azure Cosmos DB. I'll show you all the pain points and dead ends we went through and how we end up with a sane design. Warning: this talk contains some bad decisions you definitely do not want to repeat.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: In defense of Exceptions: Throw (away) your Result (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Workshop on 11th - 14th October 2022)
- F# eXchange 2022: Online (Online Conference on 25th - 26th October 2022)
- F# eXchange 2022: In-Person (in London on 25th - 26th October 2022)
- Haskell: A Conversion Experience (SkillsCast recorded in November 2021)
- Using F# to Structure an Island of Simplicity (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Event Sourcing with F# and Azure Cosmos DB
Roman Provazník is an F# Lead Developer & Architect of CN Group CZ, OSS author, melomaniac, speaker, and a terrible drummer. With 20+ years of experience with software development, he tried many languages from Pascal, Prolog to Java and C#, but successfully forgot most of them. As a big fan of functional-first .NET language F#, he founded the Czech F# community which he loves to maintain and grow. He also somehow sneaked into F# Software Foundation Board of Trustees for one year.