Let me take you on a journey through the development of a web-based event sourcing application in F# & Azure Cosmos DB. I'll show you all the pain points and dead ends we went through and how we end up with a sane design. Warning: this talk contains some bad decisions you definitely do not want to repeat.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th October 2021)
- Lightning Talk: Sneaking F# into your Organization (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Course on 7th - 10th December 2021)
- Accessibility Testing: Why and How to involve People with Disabilities (Online Meetup on 28th October 2021)
- F# for a Real World E-commerce Project (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Rethinking Bioinformatic Algorithms Using F# (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
Event Sourcing with F# and Azure Cosmos DB
Roman Provazník is an F# Lead Developer & Architect of CN Group CZ, OSS author, melomaniac, speaker, and a terrible drummer. With 20+ years of experience with software development, he tried many languages from Pascal, Prolog to Java and C#, but successfully forgot most of them. As a big fan of functional-first .NET language F#, he founded the Czech F# community which he loves to maintain and grow. He also somehow sneaked into F# Software Foundation Board of Trustees for one year.