Undoubtedly, smart devices such as Amazon Echo, Philips Hue, Nest etc. are making their way into our homes, helping us to manage and control many aspects of life more efficiently and conveniently. What does designing the user experience for these new devices look like and what are the challenges?
In this Meetup, we will be exploring the topic by comparing current systems such as voice-controlled vs touch-centric solutions, different types of devices, their current limitations and the design challenges and opportunities that arise from these new interactions. An opportunity for everyone interested in getting an overview of this fast-growing segment within UX design.
By the end of this event you should be able to:
- Distinguish between different smart device systems
- Identify design opportunities and challenges
- Use insights gained to create experiences that are more useful, relevant and enjoyable for the end user Is this event for me?
Another hands-on session with exercises, discussions, and introduction to an exciting new UX design topic.
Let’s get together to collaborate, invent and create products that people will be love. I look forward to another UX Playground event and hope you will be joining us.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Sonic Contender (in London on 28th October 2019)
- The Real-Life Design for Voice Assistant (SkillsCast recorded in February 2019)
- Fast Track to RESTful Microservices (in London on 11th - 13th November 2019)
- Strategic DDD & Sociotechnical Architecture with Kacper Gunia and Nick Tune (in New York City on 18th - 19th November 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- Solandra Hands-On Tutorial & Emergent Behaviour In Insects (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Transforming Legal Recruitment with a Market Knowledge Graph (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Implementing Clean Architecture in Flutter using BLoC (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Shaping the smart revolution
Chakib Labidi is a London based design consultant and founder of UX Playground, a community of over 1900 professionals. His expertise is in working with companies to create products that provide the best possible experience by identifying the needs and desires of their customers and aligning these with business requirements. With more than 17 years experience in the creative industry, Chakib had the opportunity to work with clients from the UK and internationally including Aramco, Adobe, Times, Sony, Sky, Virgin and Barclays, News UK just to name a few.