Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
- An understanding beyond the hype, peeling back the myths and rumors about Electron, how it's built, and what it enables.
- How Electron enables any Angular developer to add "Desktop Software" to the list of things they can offer.
In the first few minutes, you will learn what Electron is. Then, you'll spend about 15 minutes live-coding an editor that'll look a lot like Visual Studio Code, explaining the thinking behind building Visual Studio Code in the first place. Felix will finish by discussing what fast Electron apps (like the Visual Studio 2017 installer or Skype) do well, why some apps became famous for being slow, and how we (the Electron contributors) think about the future of Electron.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- React & Redux: Web Application Workshop with Damjan Vujnovic (Online Workshop on 12th - 16th September 2022)
- FullStack eXchange: In-Person Conference (in London on 27th - 28th July 2022)
- FullStack eXchange: Online Conference (Online Conference on 27th - 28th July 2022)
- Vue.js and TypeScript: Working Together like Peanut Butter and Jelly (SkillsCast recorded in February 2022)
Fast, Cross-Platform Apps With Electron
Felix is a Staff Engineer and Tech Lead at Slack, where he builds Slack's Desktop Apps. He's a contributor to Electron and the author of O'Reilly's "Introduction to Electron".