Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
- An understanding beyond the hype, peeling back the myths and rumors about Electron, how it's built, and what it enables.
- How Electron enables any Angular developer to add "Desktop Software" to the list of things they can offer.
In the first few minutes, you will learn what Electron is. Then, you'll spend about 15 minutes live-coding an editor that'll look a lot like Visual Studio Code, explaining the thinking behind building Visual Studio Code in the first place. Felix will finish by discussing what fast Electron apps (like the Visual Studio 2017 installer or Skype) do well, why some apps became famous for being slow, and how we (the Electron contributors) think about the future of Electron.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- React & Redux: Web Application Workshop with Damjan Vujnovic (Online Course on 3rd - 7th May 2021)
- NodeJS, ML, K8s and Unethical Face Recognition (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- F# for a Real World E-commerce Project (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
Fast, Cross-Platform Apps With Electron
Felix is a Staff Engineer and Tech Lead at Slack, where he builds Slack's Desktop Apps. He's a contributor to Electron and the author of O'Reilly's "Introduction to Electron".