Cloud-native is an approach that fully exploits the advantages of the cloud - it's how you build and run your applications to allow easy scaling and continuous deployment.
You may have seen the Twelve-Factor App methodology for developing applications that embrace a cloud-native philosophy but with that, there's little or no guidance on security.
Security can't be an afterthought and cloud-native is no different. This talk looks at how to approach security for an app deployed to the cloud. Can you forget about infrastructure security? Where should you focus your attention? Is cloud-native more secure?
We'll consider the similarities and differences between traditional apps and cloud-native apps. We'll look at how you can avoid the most common security vulnerabilities that affect cloud apps and we'll look at approaches applicable to both Linux and Windows. You'll come away knowing how to be more secure in cloud-native.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Authentication for Serverless (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- CloudNative eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 17th - 18th November 2020)
- London Calling (Online Meetup on 24th September 2020)
- How developers are the new security rockstars
- What’s New in .NET Core 3.0 and .NET 5.0 for Performance and Memory-Aware Folks? (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Security in Cloud Native