Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk Artur will explore the various ways to manage state and side effects in React applications. Today you have multiple libraries doing very similar things and I will be comparing thunks, sagas and epics. You start by having a look at how Redux middleware works and how you can use it to wait for third party API calls.
After that let's have a look at how to manage atomicity requirements using sagas, throttling and debouncing requests to prevent APIstressing and gaining fine grained control over your HTTP requests. You will walk away with knowledge of how to manage the state in your client app in a modular way and having more control over your applications data.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- React & Redux: Web Application Workshop with Damjan Vujnovic (Online Workshop on 12th - 16th September 2022)
- FullStack eXchange: In-Person Conference (in London on 27th - 28th July 2022)
- FullStack eXchange: Online Conference (Online Conference on 27th - 28th July 2022)
- Dark Energy, Dark Matter and Microservice Architecture Collaboration Patterns (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
- How To Make Loveliness (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
A Thunk, A Saga and An Epic Walk Into A Bar...
Artur is very passionate about tech and has worked throughout his career on all layers of the stack. Currently, he is building data-driven smart systems in a startup for elderly care using Nodejs + React + React Native.