Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, Kit explains why F# has such a transformative effect on people who use it. Kit established that any programming language can be thought of as a belief system, helping us make sense of and manipulate the world. He explores why F# is such an effective belief system. To prove his case, he shows how he's used F# in an ambitious commercial art project, which he previewed at F# eXchange 2018 and which is coming to fruition this year. Then he shows the same principles in use in his day job at Perpetuum, where they use F# to maximise the safety and minimise the costs of the world’s rail systems.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Geo-Art with F# and Ordnance Survey Data (SkillsCast recorded in April 2018)
- Fast Track to Machine Learning with Louis Dorard (in London on 15th - 17th July 2019)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - A one-day community celebration of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI (in London on 4th July 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Hands-on: Fractal art with Fable and WebGL (in London on 20th June 2019)
- IWDS 23: Intro to Natural Language Processing (NLP) - 1/2 (in London on 24th June 2019)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Fancy Bears Are Not Your Problem: Real World Appsec (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Keynote: Why F# Changes Lives
Kit Eason is a highly experienced developer, working in industries from automotive engineering to energy trading. Kit is a Lynda.com/LinkedIn and PluralSight author. He's written software in F# for purposes as diverse as Pension Scheme Valuation, Movie VFX Costing, and Commodities Trading. An F# algorithm he dashed off for a conference demo became part of the UK national energy infrastructure. He talks about F# to whoever will listen.