Walking through why the database is a good enough solution for durable, asynchronous tasks in Elixir, and how it can be made to scale to 10,000 jobs/second.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Core Image: Great When It Works (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
- Better Software Faster with Dave Farley (Online Course on 8th - 9th February 2021)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 22nd - 25th February 2021)
- Accelerated Software eXchange Forum (Online Conference on 18th February 2021)
- Introducing AWS Immersion Days (Online Meetup on 11th February 2021)
- Lightning Talk: E Pluribus Unum – Adventures in Polycloud Delivery (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- CI/CD Agility and Controlling Pipeline Sprawl (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Yet Another Job Queue
Sam is a Rails and Elixir core contributor. He previously co-founded ProGolfMe - a startup that put students in touch with golf coaches via a smartphone app. Currently he spends is building scalable, reliable backend systems at Nested and when not writing code you can find him in the gym training Muay Thai.