Java 9 arrives, JEE goes to Eclipse, IBM open sources Liberty & J9. Much is happening but so much more is to come. See how new hardware & software are powering Java to a life far removed from that originally envisioned It is all change in the Java arena. Java 9 ships with the long awaited modularity support. Oracle's contribution of Java EE to the Eclipse Foundation and to top it all, IBM announces both Open Liberty (based on its flagship application server ) and OpenJ9 it’s enterprise proven Java Virtual Machine. In this talk you’ll certainly learn about these exciting changes that are happening to the Java ecosystem but you also learn much more about the real future of Java. See how new hardware technologies, new software approaches and new ideas are powering Java towards a life far removed from that envisioned at its inception. It’s time to look up and see how you will need to change how you think: Whether it’s driven by AI or Quantum Computers the problems of tomorrow demand new approaches and new thinking. Are you ready?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Java at Scale (SkillsCast recorded in July 2018)
- Safe and Reproducible Deployments with Immutable Infrastructure (in Online Event on 28th May 2020)
- Digital Discrimination: Cognitive Bias in Machine Learning (in Online Event on 4th June 2020)
- How to use Apache Kafka and Grafana to visualise business process decisions running on the cloud! - Paulo Menon, Ingo Weiss, Craig Reeves. (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Java in the 21st Century: Are You Thinking Far Enough Ahead?
STEVE POOLE is a DevOps practitioner (leading a large team of engineers on cutting edge DevOps exploitation ) and a long time IBM Java developer, leader and evangelist. He’s been working on IBM Java SDKs and JVMs since Java was less than 1. He's also had time to work on other things including representing IBM on various JSRs, being a committer on various open source projects including ones at Apache, Eclipse and OpenJDK. He’s also member of the Adopt OpenJDK group championing community involvement in OpenJDK. Steve is a seasoned speaker and regular presenter at JavaOne and other conferences on technical and software engineering topics.