Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this session, Hollie will explore how you can address fairness, accountability and the long-term effects on society when designing with data.
Technology should be a beneficial force in everyone's lives, taking the world in exciting new directions and making everybody better humans. To ensure this, you need to facilitate a conversation between data technology and the human experience.
Keeping social responsibility and ethical behaviour in mind when designing AI systems will allow you to put the right systems in place to contribute to the society you want, fostering higher levels of cognitive and emotional skills.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Data and Design Challenge (SkillsCast recorded in March 2019)
- Intersectional Communication (Online Meetup on 23rd September 2021)
- Personal SLAs: How to Maintain Balance at Work (Online Meetup on 30th September 2021)
- Using AI to Mine Unstructured Research Papers to Fight COVID-19 (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Ceci n’est pas un canard - Machine Learning and Generative Adversarial Networks (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)
Ethical Artificial Intelligence
Hollie is a freelance experience design director, she focuses on helping clients create products and services that excite audiences and drive engagement. Over the last ten years, she has worked in the luxury, culture, publishing & tech sectors, collaborating closely with clients to create user-centred designs for a wide range of digital products, from large-scale collections systems to small innovative app projects. Her passion projects are around trends, ethics and how technology affects society.