Amazon Web Services invented the model and are still ahead of the competition. When talking about scalable processing power and persistent storage, it is impossible not to mention the two services that came to define cloud computing - EC2 and S3. During this one-hour demonstration, you will become familiar with the simple interface and tools that allow for provisioning infrastructure on demand: Amazon's EC2 (Elastic Cloud Compute) and S3 (Simple Storage Service).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Running Memcached clusters on Amazon EC2 - part 1 (SkillsCast recorded in December 2010)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd July 2019)
- Real-time Systems with Spark Streaming and Kafka (in London on 23rd - 24th September 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Keynote by Kris Nova on The Power of Linux Virtualization with Cloud Native (in London on 19th June 2019)
- The wonders of IBM: Watson, artificial intelligence, Swift coding and databases! (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Observability for Microservices: practical advice (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Amazon EC2 and S3: Cloud computing in two easy steps
Daniel Sikar develops data acquisition processes using interpreted and compiled languages for both internet and scientific instrumentation.