Amazon Web Services invented the model and are still ahead of the competition. When talking about scalable processing power and persistent storage, it is impossible not to mention the two services that came to define cloud computing - EC2 and S3. During this one-hour demonstration, you will become familiar with the simple interface and tools that allow for provisioning infrastructure on demand: Amazon's EC2 (Elastic Cloud Compute) and S3 (Simple Storage Service).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Running Memcached clusters on Amazon EC2 - part 1 (SkillsCast recorded in December 2010)
- Fast Track to AWS Fundamentals (in London on 11th - 13th December 2019)
- Secure Cloud Native Architecture (in London on 23rd - 25th March 2020)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- CloudNative London 2020 (in London on 23rd - 25th September 2020)
- Keynote by Brian Ketelsen on Going Multicloud with Serverless (in London on 17th October 2019)
- 2 Presentations: Kubernetes Ingress & DevOps and Microservices Better Together (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Your Kernel and You - How cgroups make containers possible (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Digital transformation through GitOps and Infrastructure as Code (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Amazon EC2 and S3: Cloud computing in two easy steps
Daniel Sikar develops data acquisition processes using interpreted and compiled languages for both internet and scientific instrumentation.