A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning are incredibly popular, but who knows how to implement them quickly?
Ross will show you how to become knowledgeable on AI and implement it briskly using the IBM Cloud.
18:00 Doors open
18:15 Everyone seated
18:20 All laptops set-up and ready
18:25 Introduction to Linuxing In London and the workshop
18:30 Ross Cruickshank’s AI, an easy Artificial Intelligence workshop part 1
19:45 Ross Cruickshank’s AI, an easy Artificial Intelligence workshop part 2
20:30 Community slot
20:35 Free raffle
20:45 Off to Skills Matter’s bar for a soft drink.
The evening’s syllabus:
Tour of the Watson AI API services:
- Visual Recognition, Speech to Text, Text to Speech, Tone Analyzer, Assistant (chatbot), Translator ...
- Set up IBM Cloud account - needed for accessing the Watson services (for free, of course)
Hands-on with Node-RED
- Local install (needs node.js LTS 8.x)
- Or ready to use on the (IBM) Cloud
Remote data access and presentation
- Retrieve and format API data
- Create mini website with CSS+HTML and mustache
Twitter data analysis
- Setup Twitter as a data source
- Analyse tweets with Tone Analyzer
- Chart tone trends
- Set up simple chatbot conversation
- Pass in particularly emotional tweets
- Generate responses
- Emit responses with Twitter, and Text to Speech
Participants should bring along a working laptop.
A working browser.
PS: Whilst we are finalising details, please watch this page.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Smart metering? It's a gas! (SkillsCast recorded in February 2019)
- Deep Learning Fundamentals with Leonardo De Marchi (Online Workshop on 12th - 15th September 2022)
- How to Use Powerful Rituals for More Success (Online Meetup on 12th July 2022)
- Deep Learning with F#: An Experience Report (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- F# Gives You Superpowers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
AI, an easy Artificial Intelligence workshop with Ross Cruickshank
Ross works with Independent Solution Vendors (ISVs), business partners, developers and startups to highlight the capabilities of the IBM Bluemix and Softlayer platforms as accelerators for product/offering development and delivery.
He is building links between IBM, ISVs, Systems Integrators (SI) and Managed Service Providers (MSP) to expand the ecosystem that builds financially attractive line-of-business applications for our joint clients.
Ross is currently recruiting partners to take offerings into the Energy and Utilities sector, around asset management, smart energy and water, and fieldforce enablement.